2. Open your "Applications" folder.
3. Open the "Internet Connect" icon.
4. Click the "Edit" button near the bottom. This will open another window labeled "Network".
5. Select the "PPP" tab (if not already selected).
6. In the space for "Service Provider", type a name for the POP you are going to connect to, ie "PIL New Hope" or "PIL Line Lexington", etc.
7. Type in the telephone number you want to connect to in the space provided.
8. In the space "Account Name:" type in your username in the form of "email@example.com" (no caps or spaces.
9. Type your password in the space provided and check "Save password" if desired.
10. Close the Network window by clicking the red x button in the upper left hand corner of the window. Save when prompted.
11. Check that the correct (new) number appears in the "Telephone Number" space. If not, select it from the pulldown menu to the right of the number.
12. Close the "Internal Modem" window. If you do not already have a shortcut to "Internet Connect" in the menu bar at the bottom of your screen, you may put one there by clicking and dragging the icon to the menu bar.